Altra Industrial Motion Chipper/Grinder in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Job Summary: Grinds and cleans castings to correct defects and/or prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove products or workpieces from production equipment.
- Select production equipment according to product specifications.
- Mount materials or workpieces onto production equipment, utilizing cranes and hoists.
- Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Mark defects such as knotholes, cracks, and splits for repair.
- Record operational or production data.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good, working condition, and conducts regular inspections as required.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Adheres to all safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 1st Shift position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Able to follow directions.
- Attention to Detail —careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Prior experience in foundry cleaning operations preferred, but not required.
- Successful completion of TB Woods PIV/Forklift License training and certification required
- Noise – Regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels during shift. Hearing protection required.
- Dust – Regular exposure to dust particles. Fresh-Air helmet must be wore while completing tasks during shift. Maintenance and proper storage required. Medical clearance by a licensed physician required before use of device.
- Weather Elements – May be exposed to weather elements, primarily temperature changes, during shift.
- Work Area – May be required to work in a “booth” during majority of shift. Booth sizes vary depending on size of equipment and materials used. Booth area surrounded by three walls.
- Operation of Power and Air Tools – Must be able to withstand use of vibrating tools for extended periods of time, during majority of shift. Power/Air tools may include the following: Cup Grinder, Saw, Cone Grinder, Burr Grinder, Air Chipper, Chipping Hammer, Chipping Gun,
- Arm-Hand Steadiness —Must be able to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position.
- Finger Dexterity — Must be able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Manual Dexterity — Must be able to quickly move hand, hand together with arm, or two hands to grasp and/or manipulate objects.
- Control Precision — Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Near Vision — Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Lifting Requirements – Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis.
- Sitting and Standing – Must be able to stand for long periods of time during entire shift.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 3/13/2018
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Job Type: Manufacturing