SMG Catering Sales & Operations Manager in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Catering Sales & Operations Manager for SAVOR/PA Farm Show Complex. Responsible for maintaining and servicing existing catering clients and events, seeking new business through marketing programs and phone coverage to maximize revenues, direct, coordinate and supervise all catering related activities. This position will also direct and coordinate all activities related to Café 2301, located inside the PA Department of Agriculture building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit new catering and maintain relations with existing catering clients. Monthly reporting to Director on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
- Plan and oversee event execution; enhancing the guest experience, strong attention to details.
- Communicate and meet with potential clients in the booking process, assisting in determining event needs.
- Promptly follow up on customer calls and requests in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Understand and effectively communicate SAVOR policies and procedures related to Food Service.
- Effectively communicate with all internal teams including but not limited to; Culinary, Accounting, Café staff & Farm Show Building Operations.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, payments and banquet event orders.
- Oversees performance of Café operations.
- Responsible for managing catering and bar inventory and equipment.
- Attend and coordinate appropriate planning, organization and other event meetings in support of facility and team operations.
- Maintain sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing department monthly inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises all staff in the Catering Department and Café 2301.
- Responsible for the overall hiring, staffing, direction, coordination and evaluation of the Catering and Café 2301 departments.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SAVOR's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; Addressing complaints and resolving problems within the Catering and Café 2301 department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from 4-year college; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years management and sales experience, including forecasting, reporting and strategic planning.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, planning, creativity, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Results driven, proactive and ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of the principles of event management.
- Superior aptitude for creative problem solving.
To perform this job successfully, individual should have knowledge of MS Office applications and Catering Solution software (Caterease).
General understanding of the hospitality industry with developed contacts of meeting planners, CVB representatives, local government administrative contacts and other community related representatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Lou Atchick SAVOR‐PA Farm Show Complex 2300 North Cameron St Harrisburg, PA 17110
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact [717-233-3120].
SMG/SAVOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled