Cognosante Functional Lead in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Travel: 50% (if not located in specified location)
Remote work option: No
The Functional Lead will be part of a larger team that supports a multi-vendor healthcare information technology (IT) project for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. He/She will provide functional and business expertise when monitoring the project control structures and artifacts and helping ensure the replacement system/modules adheres to the design standards. The Functional Lead will be responsible for delegating and managing the activities of the Functional Business Analyst(s). He/she will actively participate in the development and delivery of services and associated deliverables.
Additional duties include:
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) to the client, contractors, and the Cognosante team.
- Become knowledgeable of each system/module’s functionality, user interfaces, technical components, interfaces, reporting, etc.
- Develop and utilize checklists to assess project deliverables against established acceptance criteria
- Assess and make recommendations on the project management, functional, and technical aspects of the project
- Perform SME services according to the agreed upon scope, deliverable content, and deliverable schedule
- Lead the team of Functional Analyst(s) in reviewing and providing feedback on project processes, deliverables, and activities for all project phases
- Report progress periodically as required by the customer and Cognosante
- Track issues and ensure resolution of comments and feedback
- Work closely with the customer’s and implementation vendor’s project management teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a business or functional SME expert within an HHS, health system or IT environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a project management, functional, or technical lead
- Understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (Waterfall or Agile development)
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing automated/IT solutions
- Experience leading a team
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of a healthcare system
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write meaningful QA reports
- Understanding of Agile development is a plus
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult logic and processing issues
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to communicate succinctly and accurately in written and verbal English
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under strict timelines
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible “can-do” attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.