Hershey Entertainment and Resorts ATTRACTIONS AND TICKETING OPERATOR in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Hersheypark is searching for employees who want to work hard and play hard! Join the sweetest team ever as an Attraction & Ticketing Operator and enjoy a fun & dynamic work environment. In this role, you will welcome guests to The Sweetest Place on Earth as a Guest Experience Ticketing Clerk and get in on the action of more than 70 attractions including 14 coasters, as an Attractions Operator.
This position is a combination of both Guest Experience Ticketing Clerk and an Attractions Operator. In this position, you will be responsible for both operating our attractions throughout the park but also interact with our guests by working in Ticketing Services, Front Gate, or Hospitality Services locations.
Positions are currently available for employees age 16 or older by May 25, 2018.
What can a position with Attractions & Guest Experience Department offer?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Friendships and Memories that will last a lifetime
- Networking Opportunities
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Learn Valuable Transferable Skills such as Problem Solving and Thinking on Your Feet, Time Management and Punctuality, Hands on Experience with Various Technology, Cultural Awareness, Cash Handling, Verbal Communication and much more!
Attractions & Ticketing Operator may be required to do one or all of the following tasks depending on the assigned job:
- High guest contact position
- Work on a computer based ticket system
- Must be comfortable handling money
- Enter group orders in the computer, process payment for transient and group orders, print tickets, reprint on-line ticket orders, and print receipts
- Sell and track inventory items at Ticket Sales or Hospitality Services locations
- Sell, upgrade and upsell Season Passes at Hospitality Services
- Responsible for guest admission and exit at Park main gates
- Interact with guests to obtain survey information throughout the park
- Learn operational standards for the Guest Experience
- Safely operate rides by always remaining vigilant and aware
- Provide excellent customer service to the guests of HERSHEYPARK by greeting guests and answering questions
- Direct guests to and from ride area, assist in loading and unloading of rides, which can include lifting children into rides as needed
- Physical check safety restraints to ensure they are in the correct locked position
- Comprehend written and verbal instructions, retain information, and consistently enforce all ride safety, park, and departmental policies. This includes, but are not limited to: enforcing the attraction height requirements and all safety procedures.
- Keep a safe and clean work area
- Provide safety speeches to guests by using a microphone
- Assist guests with enrollment in Ridership and Accessibly Program
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older on the date of applying or turning 16 by August 8, 2018.
- Must be friendly, upbeat , and work well with other employees and be able to interact with our guests
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts
- Complete basic math without using a calculator
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Please note some departments may be more stringent on the appearance guidelines due to business need.
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day, must be available to work a minimum of 5 days per week to include a rotation of mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- From Labor Day to New Year’s Day, must be available to work a minimum of 3 weekends per month or 9 total weekend shifts
- Typical shifts may range from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 12:00pm to 8:00pm, and 3:45pm to Park closing time
- Employees are subject to a variety of weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme heat, sun exposure, cold, and inclement weather. Work is a combination of both indoors and outdoors
- Physical requirements would include ability to stand (for up to five hours at a time), walk, bend at the waist and knees and have repeated manual dexterity, and the ability to push, pull and reach above shoulder level; must also be able to hold and use a height measuring stick to assess guests’ height for each attraction
- Requires lifting up to 35 pounds without assistance on a regular basis
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hourly Wage: $9.00