The Hershey Company Intern Corporate Social Responsibility Su2018 in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Location: Hershey, PA
Duration: June/July 2018 - June/July 2019 (1-year)
The Hershey Company is currently accepting candidates for a Corporate Social Responsibility Fellow located in Hershey, PA. The CSR Fellow is an extended (1-year) internship with a Fortune 500 company, to support their Sustainability, CSR, and Social Innovation programs. CSR Fellow should have a passion for community-based and purpose driven work.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:*
• Coordinate the company’s micro-grants program in sales districts nationwide; working with team to spur participation, track and communicate progress, and monitor impact while building relationships with sales teams across the U.S.
• Monitor best practices and innovations in the corporate philanthropy & social innovation sectors
• Provide ongoing support for employee engagement & volunteer initiatives
• Conduct research on emerging philanthropic and social innovation programs
• Collaborate across the company to support environment/sustainability initiatives
• Other duties as mutually identified and agreed upon, based on candidate’s specific skills, interests and expertise
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental studies, public policy or sustainability
• Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and corporate philanthropy
• Ability to conduct research, review information, and synthesize results
• Ability to create a work plan and implement project activities accordingly
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to manage logistics
• Discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential information
• Strong communication skills and ability to work remotely in an effective manner
• Ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint and conduct internet research
• Basic graphic design skills are preferred but not required
• Personal passion for community-based, purpose-driven work
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans