The Hershey Company Manager, Corporate Brand & Editorial in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Job Location: Hershey, PA
A strategic communications professional leading corporate brand management and reputation to elevate company thought leadership, growth and transformation strategy, amplify brand news and showcase accomplishments. This role will oversee the corporate brand content strategy and manage editorial planning and effective channel delivery to reach key internal and external audiences This role will be responsible for leading the corporate digital channel strategy. The manager will work in concert with the corporate communications and CSR team, brand PR, digital marketing and technology specialists along with external creative, PR and digital agencies.
Summary of major duties:*
• Leads corporate brand content strategy and planning for assigned projects or programs.
• Integrates strategy, planning and messages across functions and teams to ensure message consistency and desired outcomes
• Collaborates with business partners in communication planning to ensure buy-in and prioritization of resources
• Ensures project-strategy is aligned with company strategy
- Integration of activities*
• Develops processes to ensure knowledge sharing and integration of activities across different teams involved in the assigned project
• Acts as curator of information and content across departments and stakeholders in line with corporate brand content strategy
• Identifies areas where enhanced collaboration among teams can improve business results and best practice sharing
• Integrates unique disciplines and coordinates messages across audiences and channels
- Project Management & Communications Execution*
• Manages and executes quarterly, monthly and weekly editorial plans for internal and external channels including all corporate digital platforms
• Oversees editorial budget and ensures effective resource allocation for projects
• Leads team editorial planning to achieve consensus and alignment in order to deliver outcomes
• Provides timely and accurate project reporting and measurement
- Relationship building*
• Effectively builds relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes
• Provides counsel and communications support to operations leaders and functional managers
• Leads business partners and staff and achieves consensus and results even without positional authority
• Monitors effectiveness of content strategy and editorial delivery—evolving, improving, and updating strategy and delivery when needed
• Develops methods for feedback and evaluation
• Shares learnings back with team and partners
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:*
• Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to write for broad and diverse audiences and in digital formats
• Experience in communicating authentically, concisely and convincingly in diverse organizations; ability to translate broad and complex ideas and concepts to clear and compelling communications
• Ability to multi-task, handling volumes of information and working under strict timelines
• Acts with conviction, seeks new ideas, and suggests alternatives
• Attention to details, resourceful, responsible and strong work ethic
• Excellent team collaboration, influence, negotiation and inter-personal skills
• Makes linkages - internal and external, global and local, company and brand, risk and opportunity – to create plans and executions that drive our company purpose and business strategy in ways that are meaningful to our stakeholders and enhances the company’s reputation.
• Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to think creatively/conceptually, and effectively interact with individuals at all levels within the company
• A team player with a can-do attitude with ability to work independently
• Strong project management skills
• Business acumen with clear ability to incorporate learnings in to practice
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: *
Education*: Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, public policy, social sciences or other associated major.
Master’s degree advantageous
- Experience: *Minimum 6-9 years of work experience in communications
A focus on one the following areas would be advantageous: digital media, publishing, public relations, marketing, creative strategy, corporate communications.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans