The Hershey Company Manager Visual Communications in Hershey, Pennsylvania
Job Location: Hershey, PA
We are seeking a highly creative and experienced communications manager to apply creative visual design to business communications. The successful candidate should be able to translate raw corporate content, data and stories into compelling visuals communications. This role will first focus on creating presentations and internal materials including writing, directing, producing and editing video, audio, photography, print and Web design, and animation as needed.
This role is for someone seeking to work on a communications team that is focused on delivering commercial value to drive performance and transformation. This individual contributor will serve as an expert in translating complex and business critical communications into high-impact, visual communications to be used internally and externally and across a broad range of audiences.
The successful candidate will be someone with a strong work ethic including a solid project management background and able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, and a team player. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work effectively across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and be a teacher to team-mates to build department capability.
Major Duties/Responsibilities: *
Visual Communications development and training *
• Plans and develops visual communications for corporate communications, internal and external
• Leads development of visual communication materials for both internal and external audiences (e.g. presentations, posters, brochures)
• Manages multimedia production to support communications across internal and external channels including internal communications and events, executive communications, press materials, digital properties, social channels, and company events (e.g. infographics, videos, graphics and photography).
• Develops forward-looking visual communication capabilities
• Provides routine training and development on visual communication and technologies for department capability building
- Communication planning and production*
• Oversees agency partner or contractors for graphic design, video and photography shoots including lighting, equipment set up, sound and hands-on video recording.
• Provides hands-on editing of recorded video footage and digital images
- Project Management and Relationship Building*
• Executes communications projects in a timely and effective manner
• Oversees budget and ensures effective resource allocation for projects
• Works effectively with business partners and teams to achieve consensus and alignment in order to deliver outcomes
• Provides timely and accurate project reporting.
- Asset management*
• Manages digital assets on behalf of Corporate Communications and works in conjunction with company digital teams to leverage broader ecosystem
• Responsible for the inventory and maintenance of hardware and software required for production and digital asset management.
• Identifies tool requirements and supports creative services needs of the department
• Manages project budgets and provides input for annual budgeting and strategic planning.
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities: *
• Outstanding creative visual and presentation skills
• Advanced knowledge of layout and graphic design principles
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with employees at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to write for broad and diverse audiences and in digital formats
• Experience in communicating authentically, concisely and convincingly in diverse organizations; ability to translate broad and complex ideas and concepts to clear and compelling communications
• Ability to build consensus around presentations, treatments, scripts and tactics
• Ability to multi-task, handling volumes of information and working under strict timelines
• Acts with conviction, seeks new ideas, and suggests alternatives
• Attention to details, resourceful, responsible and strong work ethic
• Excellent team collaboration, influence, negotiation and inter-personal skills
• Makes linkages - internal and external, global and local, company and brand, risk and opportunity
• Ability to think creatively/conceptually, and effectively interact with individuals at all levels within the company
• A team player with a can-do attitude with ability to work independently
• Strong project management skills
• Business acumen with clear ability to incorporate learnings in to practice
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: *
Education:*Bachelor's degree preferred in graphic design, visual communications or related areas.
Experience:* Minimum 6-9 years of work experience in communications
Strong visual design skills required. Proven effectiveness in producing creative visual and multi-media communications. Interest in, and understanding of and /or skill in photography and writing preferred. Proficient use of Powerpoint design, and Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with using advanced editing tools across multiple hardware environments including Apple and Microsoft based systems.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans