Lancaster General Health Sterile Processing DepartmentTransporter in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Lancaster General Hospital
4545 Sterile Processing
Job Title: Sterile Processing Department Transporter
This position is located at Lancaster General Hospital in Lancaster, PA.
Full-time,1.0, 80 hrs per two weeks working 12:00noon to 8:30pm with every third weekend and occasional holiday
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE at http://www.lghealthjobs.org/Home/Career-Opportunities.aspx .
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking Sterile Processing Transporter provides operational support to SPD, Surgical Services and Clinical Services. Operational support includes case carts, OR drape/pack carts, individual items, patient care equipment delivery and soiled pick up of same, on a routine and as needed schedule. This position may also perform decontamination, cleaning; function test, assembly and labeling of patient care equipment. This position may be required to assist with the shelf stocking activities to include sterile instrument trays, peel pouches, reusable OR drape packs and case cart supplies.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Transports clean completed case carts from the SPD case cart area to the Main and Fondersmith surgical areas. Taking first cases inside the scheduled suite, second cases outside the scheduled suite door and to follow cases to the designated case cart depot area in the OR. Transportation will be on a routine, as needed, and stat delivery schedule.
● Transports dirty case carts from the soiled case cart staging area in the OR, back to the SPD decontamination area. This transport will also occur on a routine and stat schedule.
● Make house wide soiled pick up rounds for patient care equipment and reusable instrument trays on a routine and ASAP scheduled basis.
● Clean, decontaminate, test and distributes PCE (Patient Care Equipment) to patient care areas. Record equipment information for tracking.
● Assist with case cart instrument set, supply restocking. Assists with case cart picking. Picks reusable drape packs, supplies and instrumentation required for scheduled Operating Room cases.
● Assist with the OR instrument decontamination/cleaning process as assigned
● High school diploma or GED equivalent
● Two (2) years of medical supply experience in Operating Room Two (2) years of instrument processing
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, at http://lancastergeneralhealth.org/LGH/ a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), at https://www.pennmedicine.org/ is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare) . Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region . Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare.
A four time designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals in 2015-16 in three specialties. It is also one of only seven hospitals in the country with all of the following distinctions:
5 Star Rating on Medicare.gov Hospital Compare
Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals 2017 at https://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/pennsylvania-pa/lancaster-general-hospital-hgst7169e6a6390100
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A
US News List of High Performing Hospitals at https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/pa/lancaster-general-hospital-6231120
EOE Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Indentity/Disability/Vet