Performance Food Group Driver, Class B in New Windsor, Maryland
Driver, Class B
Drive a straight truck (intra/interstate) for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company. Most routes allow you to be home every night!
• Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
• Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded.
• Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
• Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
• Load customer returns on to trailer, breakdown and stow roller conveyor system and secure trailer doors.
• Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork.
• Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
• At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Company Matched 401k
Vacation, personal, and sick time
Quarterly Safety Bonus
Watch the following video for more information on the Delivery Driver position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5nGP6Dt2Q
New Windsor, Maryland (MD)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the \"Company\") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy ; (2) the \"EEO is the Law\" poster and supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Work Mon-Sat, 2 AM – 6 AM dispatch time (5 days a week)
Minimum 1 year commercial driving experience
Valid CDL B
Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Pass Road Test and Drug screening
Able to secure DOT medical card
Able to lift, carry, move product using two-wheeler and ramps
Able to lift, move, carry up 10-35 lbs. routinely and up to 60 lbs. occasionally throughout shift
Able to operate onboard computer and point of delivery scanner
Must live in New Windsor, MD or surrounding area – No relocation available
Post High School vocational and/or technical school classes/certifications
2+ years commercial driving experience
Foodservice and/or beverage distribution industry experience
PeopleNet and POD scanner systems experience
Customer service skills training
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.