Intertek Project Engineer in York, Pennsylvania
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Engineer to join our Building and Construction team in York, PA .
Ranked #17 on the 2017 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Project Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by assisting the Engineering Services department, as well as support laboratory personnel. We’re looking for a recent graduate with Bachelor of Science degree with a Civil or Structural Engineering focus.
· Conduct and review structural analyses and calculations for Engineering Services clients.
· Prepare and submit for review accurate and concise engineering reports summarizing results of
analyses and calculations on all projects assigned.
· Communicate with clients on building codes, test preparation, procedures, results and reporting matters
· Review and thoroughly understand contract requirements and document any deviations
· Advise clients of extra costs as they are incurred
· High School Diploma or GED
· B.S. Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
· F.E. certification preferred
· Knowledge of construction material characteristics and applications, manufacturing techniques, supply sources and engineering principles
· Knowledge of the U. S. Building Codes and applicable ASTM standards, building design and construction, and modern construction materials and methods
· Specific knowledge of fenestrations, building envelope, curtain walls, aluminum structures and glass are utilized daily in fulfilment of duties.
· Good research, documentation, record keeping and technical writing skills
· Work towards Professional Engineering (PE) licensure
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM
Auto req ID:
State or Province: